haha its how I feel some days!!

haha its how I feel some days!!

Friday, July 11, 2014

Homemade Whole Wheat Bread crumbs


Homemade bread crumbs are both healthy and great tasting! I make my own bread crumbs because I can't find them in the grocery store, not that I'll ever buy pre-packaged bread crumbs again. I know that with homemade I control the salt and excessive ingredients. Plus have I told you how good these bread crumbs are?? They're great!! 

Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs

12 slices WW bread (I used natures best 100% whole wheat) toasted in a toaster or in the oven, set the oven to broil and watch closely, don't walk away.... I know!!
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp dried Parsley
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt, I used light salt, it's 50% less sodium than table salt.
1 package Goya Sazon-  you can find this in the Ethnic aisle at the grocery store or WM.... 

Take the toast and pulse it in the food processor until it's course, I don't want fine bread crumbs, if you prefer them to be fine, pulse them for longer until the consistency is what you want.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well blended, I pulsed the ingredients in with my crumbs.
The end result smells amazing and are great to use in place of regular store bought breadcrumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment